You folks are really special to me. Really! That's why I'm waking up from what is effectively an hour and a half nap, just to see if David Letterman is on in high-def for the first time ever.
Yes, he is.
I'm not watching the entire show, but here are a few HD bits from the first three minutes:
- The opening sequence looks phenomenal. The detail is striking.
- The background of his set just jumps off of the TV.
- I can see the texture of his suit.
- He has more wrinkles than I can remember.
- His second joke is about HDTV. "You can actually read the serial number on my toupee."
Update: Dave just mentioned that Andy Dick is one his first HD guests. I'm definitely skipping the rest of the show because of this.