Samsung AS730 Home Theater System
Able to act as a true HD A/V receiver, this flexible device serves as an excellent compliment to modern digital entertainment products. Be it a Blu-ray player, game console, satellite/cable set-top box, or even iPod, with the AS730, consumers can quickly enjoy the pleasures of surround sound to match their stunning HDTV experience.
- Inexpensive $500 price point (for a receiver and 5.1 speaker system with a kick-ass powered sub) makes for a great home theater starter system. Users can also replace the electronics or speakers later as budget allows.
- 5.1/7.1-Channel Surround Sound Audio System. 5.1 speakers included, with built-in amplification for a 7.1 system (and 5-way binding posts). To upgrade to a 7.1 setup, just add new, high-quality front speakers and move the included front speakers to the rear channels.
- Multi-channel LPCM passthrough and D/A conversion
- Connect a Blu-ray player that can decompress DTS-MA or Dolby+THD back to the LPCM studio master at its core, then pass that signal along to the AS730 for digital-to-analog conversion.
- No re-encoding of audio streams and no loss of secondary audio tracks from Blu-ray discs. Mix pure lossless digital audio at the BD player and pass along to the high-quality DAC in the receiver.
- No redundant TrueHD or DTS-MA audio decoder in the receiver.
- Flexible, high-quality connection options
- 3x HDMI inputs and 1x HDMI output for switching HD sources.
- 3 Toslink optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs for use with legacy digital devices.
- 7.1 analog audio input and a number of other stereo analog audio, with composite video input
- iPod docking station that will power the iPod, control basic transport functions and can pass analog video.
- Included microphone and Auto Sound Calibration (ASC) system makes setup and calibration as simple as possible.
Samsung rolls out the AS730 HTIB systemSee all photos