Latest in

Image credit:

Samsung brings SilverCare sterilizing washer to US

Marc Perton
03.23.06
Share
Tweet
Share

Sponsored Links

If you've been waiting for a chance to use the power of silver to sterilize your laundry in cold water (and we know you have), Samsung has your number. The company will be bringing its SilverCare washer to the US this month, at a price of about $1,399. The washer uses silver ions to sterilize laundry, and Samsung claims that it kills 99.9% of bacteria on clothing. Once this catches on, we suspect Samsung will spring an even more upscale version on us, which will use gold or platinum to wipe out the other 0.1% of bacteria, and impart a metallic sheen to our clothes in the process.

All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Share
Tweet
Share

Popular on Engadget

Google's new terms of service will (hopefully) be easier to read

Google's new terms of service will (hopefully) be easier to read

View
Spin Master's new NinjaBots are cute little killers

Spin Master's new NinjaBots are cute little killers

View
Ford hopes you'll trade some privacy for discounted car insurance

Ford hopes you'll trade some privacy for discounted car insurance

View
Bethesda games leave GeForce Now streaming service

Bethesda games leave GeForce Now streaming service

View
Samsung temporarily shuts down phone factory following coronavirus case

Samsung temporarily shuts down phone factory following coronavirus case

View

From around the web

Page 1Page 1ear iconeye iconFill 23text filevr