- "It allows PS3 users to interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share private content and even build and show off their own personal spaces to others in real time."
- It's a free download!
- Launched directly from the XMB
- Customizing your personal "homespace" will indeed cost money from the PS-Store... but they aren't forcing you to get anything.
- Closed beta this spring, probably released later on... like... fall?
- Multiple language support
Also listed were some key aspects of many different parts of the HOME system. These include:
- HOME Space
- Design and build your own apartment, house or even neighbourhood.
- Purchase new landscapes, apartments and furniture
- Purchase new clothing sets, pets and accessories for your character
- Purchase functional items to add value to your private Home experience
- Leave your mark on the world with premium player-created content tools.
- Share photos, movies and music from your PS3 HDD with friends in your personal space.
- Meeting game-specific lobbies to discuss games, get new content or team up for online gameplay
- Individual lobbies created by first and third parties allow for consumer interaction, commerce
Why is this not a rip-off of XBL and even... why it is superior? "Home is a first of its kind 3D community that allows for open interaction between consumers, SCE and third party partners. It is a truly interactive, global community of users. Xbox Live is a static, 2D, text-heavy environment that can't match the rich community features found in Home. Xbox Live community interaction is much more passive and limited to the members on that friend's list."
Phew! Goodness gracious! That was a lot more information than I initially thought I was getting into. Anyway, feel free to check out the complete breakdown on ThreeSpeech
. We've got to take a break and take some advil... our typing fingers hurt.