A few people seem to be confused about what exactly the vaguely impending end of the arena season entails. Drysc is here to clear things up:
- Team ratings will not reset or decay after the season ends. Neither will arena points.
- New items may be introduced, but they may not, "depending on progression on the PvE front as well as what PvE content is available." I suppose this is because they don't want there to be a big gap between PvE and PvP gear.
- The sole purpose of the arena season is to give out the titles and armored nether drakes that go with being in the top 0.5% in your battlegroup.
The context of this blue post, by the way, was a thread entitled "Arena Season 2 is gonna suck bad." The argument is that after season one, everyone will have all their PvP gear, and there will be no more incentive to play. This argument seems to have two flaws:
- Not everyone will have all their gear at the end of the season.
- People will still play even if they have nothing to spend their points on -- yet. As Drysc points out, It wouldn't be very smart to quit playing just because there's nothing to buy, you're still making 'arena money".