Game Informer gets the scoop on GTAIV in the May issue (not on "newsstands" yet), getting a peek at the Xbox 360 work-in-progress running on a debug unit. So, what's new besides what we saw in the trailer? Lots.
Setting: re-created Liberty City (better mirrors real-world NYC; smaller "geographical mass" than San Andreas, but more densely populated)
- MetLife building = "Getalife"
- Statue of Liberty = "Statue of Happiness"
- DUMBO = "BOABO" (Beneath the Offramp of the Algonquin Bridge Overpass
- Area includes an adaptation of four of NYC's boroughs (no love for Staten Island), and a section of Jersey:
- Manhattan = "Algonquin" (The Lenape did speak an Algonquin language from which our word "Manhattan" is derived)
- Brooklyn = "Broker"
- Queens = "Dukes" (a duke ranks just below a prince)
- Bronx = "Bohan"
- New Jersey = "Alderney" (also named for one of the British Channel Islands -- or a breed of cattle)
- Lured to Liberty by cousin Roman's suspicious emails (Roman claims to be living the America Dream: 2 women, 4 hot tubs, and 15 sports cars); Roman actually operates a rundown taxi depot in Broker and has gotten himself into a "load of trouble"
- NEWS FLASH: "Many of Niko's activities revolve around being a criminal"