Today RedOctane have released some new details about Guitar Hero 3. Perhaps most excitingly, they have revealed that controllers for the next gen consoles will be wireless. Great news for everyone who kept getting tangled up whilst rocking out to the previous two games. The controller itself will be in the shape of a Gibson Les Paul (pictured) for the PlayStation 3. The Playstation 2, however, will have a Gibson Kramer shaped controller instead. Presumably this is due to the PS2's lack of bluetooth, so expect it to be either wired or to include some kind of USB plug-in.
Other announcements for the game include 'a new multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a bevy of exclusive unlockable content and authentic rock venues', as well as online play. The game will take advantage of RedOctane's partnership with MTV by including a large number of original tracks, rather than covers. Hopefully this will reduce the production time for downloadable songs. Speaking of tracks, below are a few names to get your juices flowing. Let us know what you think of them. Expect the game out before the end of the year.
- Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
- Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
- Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
- The Metal (by Tenacious D)
- My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
- Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
- Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
- School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
- Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
- Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
- Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)