It's been a few months since our last casting call, so we're officially soliciting applications for a handful of open positions here at Engadget. If you live and breathe gadgets, this is your chance to get paid to write about them (seriously, this is a paying gig!). Professional writing experience isn't necessary (though it doesn't hurt); all we really care about is that you can write about gadgets with wit, concision, and authority.
Right now we're looking to fill the following positions:
- European editor (full-time, must be based in Europe, preferably UK)
- East Coast editor (full-time, must be based on the East Coast, preferably NYC)
- Engadget HD / home theater editor (part time)
- Engadget Mobile contributing writer (part time)
- Intern (must be based in San Francisco or willing to commute)
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style (make sure these are germane to the site you want to write for). These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies). We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you write.
- A few words about yourself.
- If you're applying for Engadget, list three of your favorite gadgets of all time (and why).
- If you're applying for Engadget HD, list your three favorite HD-related products.
- If you're applying for Engadget Mobile, list your three favorite cellphones.
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. Be realistic, okay?
- Oh, and no attachments or resumes.
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom.
To apply to Engadget HD, please send us an email at jobsATengadgethdDOTcom.
To apply to Engadget Mobile, please send an email to us at jobsATengadgetmobileDOTcom.
We usually get a lot of applications, so please give us some time to look stuff over, cool? Sorry, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone, but if we're interested we'll get in touch.