So, on to the addons:
Fubar -- Shows a bar at the top and bottom (hidden) of the screen with information about a lot of things.
- Bongos 2* - for the basic positioning of my action bars, map, character menu etc.
- eePanels2 - for the semi-transparent panel at the bottom of the screen. I don't feel the need for some major piece of artwork, I just want it clean.
- AutoBar - gives me easy access to my consumables (bottom right)
(Most of these are pretty self-explanatory.) Includes:
- ag_UnitFrames -- including aUF_Banzai, aUF_Layouts, aUF_RangeCheck - this displays clean & simple unit frames for myself & my party, but more importantly it highlights the current party member who has aggro.
- SCT, SCTd - for the scrolling combat text (and damage) on the screen
- WitchHunter / Antagonist - spell alerts to see what mobs are casting
- BanzaiAlert - alerts me when I get aggro
- Recount - damage meters (bottom right)
- MainAssist - shows me what everyone in my group (5 mans) or the MT targets (raids) are targetting so I can assist them. I haven't quite figured out how to turn off ORA2 assists, which is why I have both on screen (bottom-ish left) at the same time.
- MobHealth - estimates mob health
- ORA2, sRaidFrames, XRS - CT Raid equivalent
- Deadly Boss Mods* - boss warnings
- Omen / ThreatLib - threat meters (bottom right)
- Incubator - respawn timer
- zHunterMod* - drop down (or up) menus for traps, aspects, tracking etc.
- King of the Jungle - pet feeder
- Sorren's Timers - timer bars, for shots, marks & traps
- Baggins, Baggins_Search - all in one bag, allows you to set up custom grouping of items (i.e. for Auction)
- ClosetGnome - switch gear sets
- CharacterInfo - see all your characters inventory
And the rest
- Loot: ItemSync, AtlasLoot
- Chat: Prat
- Maps: Cartographer
- Unit Tooltips: CowTip
- Mail: Postal
- Buffs: ElkBuffBars
- Quests: nQuestLog, Lightheaded* - shows you the comments from wowhead for each quest
- DeuceCommander - Fubar config
- EQCompare - allows me to compare items
- ErrorMonster - traps errors, very useful for my Steady Shot/Kill Command macro
- RatingBuster - breaks down combat ratings into real percentages
- HunterAEP - allows me to weight items to find out whether an item is actually an upgrade in real terms
- Mendeleev - lots of information added to tooltips
- BugSack - captures bugs from addons
Wow! That's a lot of different mods, but it certainly comes out into one really nice looking package. I can't speak to the Hunter mods, as I don't happen to have a Hunter past level 22, but I use many of the same ones in my setup and I know I can't live without them. (Note: this was sent in pre-2.3, so we make no guarantee on the availability of some of these mods post-patch.)
If you're interested in showing off your UI for all of our readers to see, just drop me a mail at email@example.com
with your character info, screens of your UI, and all the information. Your setup may be featured next for everyone to check out!