Let's just say it: Aperture 2 is here - and boy are some of us here at TUAW excited. Amongst the news, the full-price of the application has dropped to just $199 US, with the paid upgrade being just $99. That's down from the previous full price of $299 -- a price currently retained by competitor Adobe Lightroom (we'll see how long that lasts).
New features include:
- Quick Preview mode -- 'for rapid-fire photo browsing'
- re-engineered database for the application to allow Quick Preview touted to be snappy even with half-million-image libraries.
- an all-in-one heads-up panel for Library, Adjustment and Meta-data controls.
- a selection of new tools: Recovery for blown highlights, Vignette & Devignette, Definition , Vibrancy and Repair and Retouch
- .Mac Web Gallery integration
- and 'All Projects' view, not dissimilar to iPhoto '08's 'Events' view
- improved RAW decoding
Thanks to all those who sent this in!