Bagnon comes packaged with four programs, three of which are optional.
- Bagnon: This is the core of the addon, it displays your inventory and bank in single frames.
- Bagnon_Forever: An optional package that allows you to view your bank and the inventory of any of your other characters from anywhere. (I love this when I need to check if my alt's Mallet of Zul'Furrak is in the bank or in his bags.)
- Bagnon_Tooltips: Another optional package that tells you on item tooltips, which characters of yours have the item, and where.
- Bagnon_Options: The package that holds an on-demand options menu.
This addon is simple to configure and priceless once you realize how convenient it is to be able to check an alt's
bank to find that last Globe of Water
you need to craft a Frostweave Robe
. Bagnon also displays different colored borders for different bag types.
By default they are:
- Ammo and Soul Pouch: Yellow Borders
- Profession Bag: Green Borders
- Keyring slots: Orange Borders
also makes use of color-coded item slots and borders, meaning your epic items have a purple, glowing borders. Searching your inventory is handled by double-clicking the title of your inventory or bank frame, which opens a search field. Searches recognize both names and types of items. Right clicking on the title will bring up the options pane to customize the inventory or bank frames.
- To access the general options, you can use the slash command: /bgn
- To toggle the display of your bags you can use the slash command: /bgn bags
- Finally, to display your bank, use the slash command: /bgn bank
You can also bind keystrokes for Bagnon
through your Interface->Keybindings menu, where you will find that Bagnon
has its own section for bindings, once installed.
Although this addon lacks some of the functionality of more complex inventory management programs, it has some powerful features and a clean aesthetic. I was happy to have all of my bags put into a single frame, the other features just add to my enjoyment of its simple usefulness.