It's a relatively painless Tuesday Morning this time around for those who play in what are the early morning hours at Blizzard HQ. This time, most US servers will just recieve a quick rolling restart at 5 AM PDT, about half an hour from now, which should result in no more than 15 minutes of downtime. However, there are some servers that will get 2 hours of downtime: Agamaggan, Azshara, Baelgun, Dark Iron, Detheroc, Emerald Dream, Greymane, Kalecgos, Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, Malfurion, Moonrunner, Nazjatar, Sargeras, Staghelm, Twisting Nether, Ursin, and Wildhammer.
Also, here's something that should please a lot of Australian players: Their realms won't get the rolling restarts until 5AM AEST -- which translates to noon PDT. That should translate to lots of time for night owls to finish their raids before the restarts kick them off.
So in that 15 minutes to 2 hours of down time you'll have to go through, or if you're stuck at school or work, here's a few WoW Insider articles from the last week that are worth checking out. First, last week's major news and views:
- The WoTLK Friends and Family Alpha is underway, and we have the leaked patch notes.
- A Vivendi earnings statement gave us the first real official word on WoTLK's expected release date.
- The Hunter Growl and Scare Beast changes from patch 2.4.2 didn't turn out so great after all.
- Raiders rejoice: M'uru got a little easier, and those nasty Archimonde and Eredar Twin bugs got a hotfix.
- Death and Taxes, the premiere US WoW raiding guild, disbanded. That set a few of us to pontificating on the problems of raid guild drama here and here.
- We covered a few more tidbits of WoTLK info, such as Death Knight "reruning."
- Check out sister site BigDownload's interview with Blizzard on that whole eSport thing.
- In Hybrid Theory, Alex soothes your fears about Death Knights taking your jobs.
If these aren't enough for you, there's more after the break.