Macros can save you a lot of time performing repetitive functions on your Mac. While Automator and AppleScript provide a lot of power, some Mac users want an easier way to capture their keystrokes, mouse clicks and other actions. That's where Keyboard Maestro comes in.
This $36 gem from Stairways Software has just been updated to version 3.1, and adds a profusion of new features. While there's not enough space here to list them all, some of the highlights include:
- A clipboard history switcher
- An action to save a clipboard to a Named Clipboard
- Clipboard Filters
- Centering windows on the current screen
- Fractional second (i.e., .75) pauses
- Can add BBEdit Text Factories to the current clipboard