The best-in-class notification framework for Mac OS X, Growl, just got updated to version 1.1.3. One of the most missed features of Growl was GrowlMail, which allows Growl to issue incoming notifications from Mail.app -- Apple disabled this feature in the Mac OS X 10.5.2 release. However, the Growl team has re-written GrowlMail to work with Mail.app and 10.5.3.
Some of the other updates include:
- GrowlSafari now works with Safari 3.0 and later
- GrowlTunes doesn't show ratings from iTunes unless the song has a rating above 0
- GrowlTunes is now localized in German
- Memory leaks fixed in WebKit display
- You are now able to see notifications on every space in Spaces in Leopard