I have several consulting clients who are architects, all of whom use ArchiCAD to create stunning designs and manage the process of documentation. They're going to be very happy architects in July, since Graphisoft is providing multi-core support in the upcoming release of ArchiCAD 12.
In addition to divvying up those rendering duties to all 8 cores on your Mac Pro, ArchiCAD 12 has a slew of new features including:
- A new tool for designing and documenting curtain wall systems
- Partial structure display for sharing design info with engineers
- Enhancements in the StairMaker tool
- New fill management capability and translucent fills
- 3D "Nudge" feature for moving elements
- Align and distribute elements along a path or in a pattern
Thanks to Michael for the tip!