Of all the different directions you expected Konami to take with Castlevania's Wii debut, we're sure that "3D fighting game" was not one of them. Nonetheless, the above shot is what allegedly appeared in the latest issue of Nintendo Power.
Other rumored details we heard through the grapevine (oh, and we're just about to lose our mind)? Honey, honey:
- Wii remote used for motion attacks, Nunchuk for character movement
- Rumored characters include Simon, Alucard, Shanoa, Maria Renard, and, of course, Dracula
- Holy water, magic spells, dagger, and boomerang subweapons
- Using subweapons requires hearts
- Remixed classic Castlevania tracks
- Destroyable environments
- Enemy monsters jump into the battle
- Placeable traps
- Steals men's souls, and makes them its slaves!
At least we have Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the Nintendo DS to look forward to, still!
Update: More shots from the Nintendo Power pages added after the break!