While you can walk into the market and find many different bar-b-que sauces, but you really want to makes spectacular ribs, rub 'em. You can pick up a premade rub in the store, or use this simple recipe. The sugar in this recipe burns at a relatively low temperature, but moistening the rub thoroughly with the meat's juices allows them to be cooked for longer.
The powdered rub appears dry compared to a traditional sauce, but special attention to the ribs will keep them from drying out. This rub can be used for any cut of rib, but works best with country style ribs.
2 cups paprika
3/4 cup lemon pepper
1/4 cup coarse ground black pepper
1/4 cup white pepper
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
As many Boar Ribs as you'd care to rub.
- Combine rub reagents until they make a fairly even color.
- Fire up the grill. The true joy of outdoor cooking comes from making huge fireballs on the grill with lighter fluid. Have fun, but be careful.
- Thoroughly massage the ribs with rub until the powder is fully moistened. By the time you're done, your hands should look like you've recently cast Blood Fury.
- Place ribs on the grill several inches from the flame. With this rub, I avoid placing the meat in the center of the grill where it's hottest.
- Turn ribs after one Alterac Valley, or if one side's turtling, AFK for a moment in one of the towers to flip the ribs.
- Place the ribs on a platter and move your hands away quickly before the chowhounds take a bite.
This recipe will cover several pounds of ribs, store the excess in an air-tight container.
I served these ribs with savory Roasted potatoes and sautéed veggies (no, the onions aren't caramelized, but they're just the way I like them). They're great for a friendly cook out or a sit-down family style dinner. As usual, I took a pass on the ribs, but they went over very well at the dinner table.
Happy Independence Day to our readers in the United States, and happy rubbing to all!
Impress your friends with fantastic treats that pair perfectly with your World of Warcraft adventures. Have fun whipping up some or our delicious snacks, meals, and beverages.