It's easy to get spoiled using Apple's Media Browser, that little tool that pops up in many of the iLife and iWork applications and provides access to photos, music, graphics, and movies. But what about those cases where you want to use Media Browser and the application you're in doesn't support it?
Karelia Software, makers of the popular website creation tool Sandvox, has just shipped an update to iMedia Browser. iMedia Browser 1.1.1 works with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard). It provides all of the functionality of Media Browser, but for just about any application on your Mac. This update adds international support and new media sources.
iMedia Browser now supports the following media (information from Karelia's website):
- Browse Photos: iPhoto / Aperture / Lightroom library, Pictures folder, and other predefined folders.
- Browse Music: iTunes library, GarageBand songs, Music folder, etc.
- Browse Movies: iTunes and iPhoto libraries, Movies folder, etc.
- Browse Links: Bookmarks from Safari, Camino, OmniWeb, etc.
- Drag and drop any folder into the source list to add to your library.