Phase 5.5, as we're calling it right now, has started. This phase is coming about approximately six hours after phase 5 began. There are new quests available from any commoner in a main city. The quest will send you to some folks right outside of A'dal's room, who will then send you to your faction leader. During the time you have this quest, you'll be whispered be a Frozen Shade or Dual-plagued Brain, taunting you to join the forces of the Lich King. We have a listing of what these evil creatures are telling you after the break.
It is all very, very evil. And very, very cool.
These quests all hint at a cure being found for the plague. Additionally, there are new structures appearing in Shattrath. They are all apparently being commanded by Grand Apothecary Putress (WoWWiki information).
The bullet points for this phase are as follows. Time stamped updates are given after the break.
- A cure for the plague is being worked on.
- New quests given by "commoners" in the capital cities.
- Quests lead to Putress and the faction leaders.
- Grand Apothecary Putress appears as a level 80 elite NPC in Shattrath.
- Putress has some interesting idle conversation while in Shattrath.
- The Night Elf faction leader hints at a new World Tree upon quest completion.
- A Frozen Shade or a Dual-plagued Brain will have a conversation with you while you're completing the quests.
Many thanks to everyone who is sending up tips! You're helping everyone stay abreast of the latest invasion news!