Fearless TUAW blogger and all-around nice guy Brett Terpstra wrote about Yazsoft's ShareTool in a Friday Favorite post a couple of weeks ago. Just to review, ShareTool allows you to easily access your Bonjour services on a remote machine as if you were still on your home network -- iPhoto and iTunes sharing, printer access, just about everything you could do if you were sitting at your kitchen table with your laptop.
Version 1.2.5, announced yesterday, has some key new features:
- ShareTool automatically configures routers supporting NAT-PMP or UPnP
- Remote services automatically appear in Finder, iTunes, and other applications
- ShareTool enables remote access for any application or service that advertises itself using Bonjour and runs over TCP/IP
- All network traffic is strongly encrypted. Access to your services requires your Mac OS X username and password
- Dynamic domain name support
- On the fly compression: Transfer large files quickly