ArenaNet has announced today that its fourth annual Wintersday Event will officially launch on Friday, December 19th, 2008 at noon Pacific Time (-8 GMT). It will continue until noon Pacific Time on January 5th, 2009 and feature a finale event every three hours on Wintersday itself, which is January 1st.
Here's a basic run-down of the Wintersday 2008 features:
- The Eye of the North expansion area will be decorated for the first time ever.
- The festivities will take place in the Ebon Vanguard's Tower, Lion's Arch, Kamadan, Droknar's Forge and Ascalon City.
- Several PvE and PvP snowball fights including arenas, tournaments and an all-new 8v8 ATS-style Snowball Tournament.
- Brand new chain of quests in Eye of the North, in addition to the quests from previous Wintersdays.
- Choose to kindly give away presents to children for Dwayna or destroy them in the name of Grenth.
- In addition to the usual party favors, candy canes, tonics and other buff-enhancing items, this year presents some all-new tonics and summoning stones for all to enjoy.
- The return of the Candysmiths and the Polar Bear mini-pet.
- New special holiday-themed headgear will make a traditional appearance, as well as a special surprise awaiting those who complete all four Eye of the North quests.
So mark your calendars for December 19th and get ready to choose your side. Will you fight for Dwayna or Grenth?