TUAW reader Mike turned us on to a Flickr photo set and a related post on Aussie Mac site MacTalk.
MacTalk forum regular Donnie Darko was visiting a used book store in the Sydney suburb of Newtown when he came upon a rare find -- a 1991 copy of a Japanese design magazine called Axis featuring concepts that Apple was working on at the time.
In this jewel are a number of concept computers:
- The bike computer on the front cover (see photo at right)
- A wrist-mounted Mac called the TimeBand
- A device called the Exchanger that shows an American dollar being inserted and another currency coming out of a slot
- Several server concepts that look similar to Apple servers of the early 90s
- A very cool flat-panel TV that looks cutting-edge even in 2009
- Several tablet Macs
- A device that looks like a hybrid Mac / digitizer tablet