You know, we were going to write about how NEC is cutting 20,000 jobs, and Hitachi's plan to possibly slash 7,000 workers -- but this stuff is getting kind of depressing. After a meeting of the minds between our crack team of editors, we've decided there's a better way to handle this recession: giveaways. Starting today, we're going to be giving away one item a day for as long as we can (until we run out / the companies stop giving us stuff). That means that at least for the foreseeable future, you can expect a teensy sliver of economic relief in these trying times. We're going to start out with some games -- Skate 2 and The Lord of the Rings: Conquest for the Xbox 360. Check the rules below, and get to winning!
- Leave a comment below. Any comment will do, but if you want to share a tale of heart wrenching economic strife, that's good too.
- You may only enter this specific giveaway once. If you enter this giveaway more than once you'll be automatically disqualified, etc. (Yes, we have robots that thoroughly check to ensure fairness.)
- If you enter more than once, only activate one comment. This is pretty self explanatory. Just be careful and you'll be fine.
- Contest is open to anyone in the 50 States, 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so be mad at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive two Xbox 360 games. Approximate value is $120.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 2nd, 11:59PM ET. Good luck!
- Full rules can be found here.