Latest in Hd

Image credit:

Sewell's WiFi-based HD Media Extender should be more affordable

Darren Murph
04.07.09
Share
Tweet
Share
Save

Sponsored Links


You know what's most annoying about wireless HD solutions? Two things, really. First off, 95 percent of 'em only come out to play at trade shows. Secondly, the other 5 percent require you to refinance your now-worthless home to even procure 'em. Sewell, a company known for delivering unexpected treasures when it comes to adapters, has just pumped out its very own wireless HDMI media extender. The good news is that it's shipping right now and it relies on 802.11a/n technology rather than WHDI, UWB or any other less ubiquitous option. The bad news is that 15 to 30 feet of cord-free AV goodness will set you back $1,199.95. You can weigh the pros and cons yourself, but we'll be begrudgingly sticking with coat hangers cheap-o interconnects 'til it becomes just a touch more of a bargain.

All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Share
Tweet
Share
Save

Popular on Engadget

The 2019 Engadget Holiday Gift Guide

The 2019 Engadget Holiday Gift Guide

View
SpaceX successfully completes Crew Dragon engine tests without an explosion

SpaceX successfully completes Crew Dragon engine tests without an explosion

View
Walmart's early Black Friday deal: 512GB 10.5-inch iPad Pro for $599

Walmart's early Black Friday deal: 512GB 10.5-inch iPad Pro for $599

View
Motorola's revived RAZR is a fashion-forward foldable

Motorola's revived RAZR is a fashion-forward foldable

View
Mark Wahlberg is poised to join the 'Uncharted' movie

Mark Wahlberg is poised to join the 'Uncharted' movie

View

From around the web

Page 1Page 1ear iconeye iconFill 23text filevr