Joystiq rumor page has near daily stories. Be that as it may, a tipster over at our sister site, Engadget, has spotted what seems to be a new peripheral for the Xbox 360. Though details are scant, the source notes that rather than holding a motion sensing peripheral of some sort, a camera, mic, and sensors will pick up "full body movement and sound." Here's the full bulleted list of features (again, according to the tipster):
- Full body and hand gesture control of games / characters.
- In fighting games you kick, punch, duck, dive, jump and so forth with your body.
- It also picks up small hand gestures like pinching, grabbing and scrolling.
- There will also be video conferencing and games with video.
- Trivia game over the internet with live images of each person playing. When a question pops up, they can clap to buzz in.
- You can "move objects on your screen" and the other party can see what you're doing in real time.
- Sensor detects only the person playing, not folks observing on the couch.