TomTom to update its application for iPhone with major improvements and new features for free
~ Advanced lane guidance, text-to-speech and the "Help menu" among new features coming soon ~
Concord, Mass. – November 12, 2009 – Users of TomTom's popular iPhone navigation application will soon be able to enjoy even more advanced features, with a free update ensuring users always have the best navigation experience.
This update*, which is being submitted to Apple for review today and will be awaiting their approval, will bring significant and advanced additional features that TomTom fans around the world have come to appreciate. These are:
- Advanced lane guidance giving drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions. For the first time this is in both landscape and portrait mode.
- Text-to-speech helping motorists to keep their eyes on the road by enabling street names and places to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions.
- "Help Me" providing direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers.
- Updated map and safety camera database**.
- Customizable audio warnings when approaching safety cameras or driving over the speed limit, increasing driver safety and saving money.
- iPod player control ensuring drivers can conveniently control their music from within the application.
"The TomTom app for iPhone is a priority for us and we are committed to both its long term development and everyday improvements," said Benoit Simeray, TomTom's senior vice president, On-board Mobile. "Current and future customers of our application for the iPhone can count on more great updates from TomTom for free."
*This update will be for: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Australia and New Zealand
** Safety Camera information is available in selected European countries including: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.