The App Store is live and running with iPad apps right now -- you can download and buy any iPad apps you want, even though most of them are technically "embargoed" until tomorrow morning. There's a lot of amazing stuff out there, but we'll try to focus you as best we can. Here's twenty apps that you won't want to miss in the App Store -- even if you don't buy them for iPad this weekend, you should at least check out the info and screenshots that are now available.
- USA Today for iPad is free and is probably the quickest and easiest virtual newspaper experience on the iPad. The Wall Street Journal app is also free, as is the NYT Editor's Choice.
- Flight Control HD and Plants vs. Zombies HD are two of the most-awaited iPad games.
- Evernote has released their iPad app.
- MLB's At Bat 2010 has a new edition, so you'll unfortunately have to re-buy it on the iPad even if you've already bought it on the iPhone.
- Words with Friends HD and Fieldrunners for iPad are available right now.
- 2K Games has released Civilization Revolution on the iPad, the more accessible version of Sid Meier's classic turn-based strategy game.
- Here's the Comic Zeal comic reader app we covered earlier this week, and there's also an official Marvel comics app in the store.
- Twitterific for iPad is on the store and looking great.
- Aurora Feint 3 is the newest iPad version of one of the iPhone's biggest titles.
- CastleCraft is a new strategy freemium MMO from Freeverse and Ngmoco.
- StumbleUpon will allow you to browse the crowdsourced best of the Web from your couch.
- iMDb has released a full iPad app of their movie database.
- Minigore HD brings another big iPhone title to the bigger screen.
- StarWalk for iPad recreates the popular astronomy app and TUAW favorite.
- And Let's Golf! HD brings a quality handheld golfing experience to the "HD" screen.
Update: Netflix's app is live as well, as is NetNewsWire for iPad, Galcon Fusion, Articles, and Twittelator Pad. Too many good apps!