You might think that just about anyone could throw together treats for a common pet -- but it ain't necessarily so. In fact, only skilled cooks with a skill of 400 may train to create the pet-mesmerizing Critter Bites. This bind on pickup recipe is available from Derek Odds
in Dalaran or from Mera Mistrunner
in Icecrown. Its cost: three Dalaran Cooking Awards
-- a pittance for the dedicated chef and pet owner. Even those who don't own pets might want to consider making these delicacies, however; the recipe doesn't go yellow until skill 425, green until 450 and gray until 475. Thomas Kolichio
would approve.The mats
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup corn meal
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup cooked chicken liver, chopped
- Handle the trash mobs.
- Put both elemental and enhancement shaman on the egg in a large bowl, beating lightly; have the elemental shaman pull in the canola oil from range, while the enhancement players continue to melee.
- Rogues should be on the parsley in a separate area.
- Assign the chicken liver to any fire mages who are specced into the Micro Nuke tree. (Meleeing the chicken liver on the raid surface simply delays the boss phase and causes massive AoE splash damage).
- Move the raid into position.
- Position the dry-ingredient classes (flour, corn meal) in a small bowl and mix well.
- Tell the shaman pull the broth and parsley into the egg/oil area; the rogues should kite in the now-chopped parsley and mix well.
- Have the dry-ingredient classes enter the bowl area a bit at a time, mixing well with the other raid members.
- Healers should now fold in the chicken livers and mix well. The resulting buffed raid dough will be quite firm.
- Engage grouped mobs.
- Turn out the raid dough onto a lightly floured encounter area. Engage with melee classes using fist weapons and knead briefly.
- Tanks, roll out the kneaded dough, ½" thick.
- Casters can now create portals in the dough using cookie cutters or free-hand spell rotations. Place resulting dough shapes on a greased cookie sheet; position the mobs one inch apart or they will merge during the final DPS phase. (Should that happen, send in your mutilate rogues.)
- Open up full DPS at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until mobs are firm.
CC any mobs that remain afterwards in Ice Block (or your refrigerator). WoW.com is not responsible for your non-combat pet's actions after the Critter Bites effect wears off.
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by
WoW players, including fan art, cooking, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing email@example.com with your not-for-profit,