This article originally started as an enhancement shaman's guide to cooldown usage in ICC but given that cooldown management is universal to all damage dealers I've expanded the scope of the article. Actually, "expanded the scope" is a bit grandiose; it's more accurate to say I just changed the wording from enhance-specific spells to using the generic 3-min, 2-min and 1-min cooldowns.
In some cases I kept the enhancement abilities because they bring other abilities in addition to just straight damage. Here's a quick rundown of our major cooldowns for the unenhanced:
- 10 min – Bloodlust/Heroism – you know it and love it
- 10 min – Fire Ele (5 min with glyph) – yeah he's dumb but what do you expect, his brains are on fire
- 3 min – Berserk & Bloodfury – Troll & Orc racials, respectively
- 3 min – Feral Spirit – two wolves who do damage and heal you simultaneously. Rad.
- 2 min – on-use Trinkets – Currently my trinkets are not on-use but I take them into account in case yours are
- 1 min – Shamanistic Rage with t10 2pc – normally this is a mana-regeneration and damage-reduction spell but with 2pc t10 it increases damage.