This article is part of our Countdown to Cataclysm series -- preparing you for Cataclysm launch one day at a time.
Cataclysm is going to change the world of professions -- so without any further ado, here are the most important changes.
- The skill cap for all professions is now 525.
- There is a lot of content locked behind a phased area you can not unlock until you're level 84.
- The new elemental trade goods are called Volatiles.
- Herbing and mining now provide experience.
- Archeology will be trainable.
- Guilds can see links for all members' available professions.