Masthead Studios' upcoming single-server sci-fi sandbox Earthrise was planned for retail release on February 4th. Until now, however, we haven't known exactly what would be in that initial release and what features won't make the final cut. In an announcement today, Masthead Studios revealed not only a list of key features they'll be guaranteeing to provide at launch, but also a roadmap for further development and releases throughout the year. The announcement confirms Earthrise's release in less than two weeks time on February 4th, with a substantial commitment to continued development on specific features in the following months.
The list of key features promised for launch is as follows:
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild.
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities and tactics.
- No artificial imposed "class" restrictions.
- Fast-paced, action-packed combat featuring dynamic targeting, adaptive power armor and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated player-versus-player (PvP) mechanics that let players fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve their own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Character progression that keeps players advancing in their development with no limits.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities and interactions.
- Deep crafting mechanics that enable players to design and manufacture unique items from blueprints and raw resources.