Lead Systems Designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street has posted a new Dev Watercooler for us today, this time dealing with his thoughts on the talent trees and how they've been panned out in Cataclysm so far.
Some of the highlights:
- Blizzard likes that the talents trees are simpler without losing a lot of depth.
- Mastery has integrated well.
- Ghostcrawler feels the game is as balanced as it's ever been.
- There are still some clunky talents that need fixing.
- True hybrid builds are not really a possibility, and Blizzard acknowledges this.
- There are plans for the future, but nothing to share yet.