- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz)
- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand
- Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments
- Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues
A support document for GarageBand 1.0.1 notes now the new audio copy/paste function works:
"You can paste an audio file from an app that supports copying audio to the clipboard. GarageBand for iPad supports uncompressed audio files with a sample rate of 44.1 kHz and 16-bit depth (the standard for audio CDs). Audio files copied from another app can be pasted to Audio Recorder or Guitar amp tracks."
iMovie for iPad/iPhone has been updated to version 1.2.1 and includes:
- Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Resolves some cases of missing media in projects
- Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser
- Fixes an issue where a project's background music would not fade in or out
- Additional performance and reliability improvements
Both updates are free to existing users and available now on the App Store. Note that these updates may not show up for you if you search for them from the Apps tab in your iTunes sidebar -- Apple's two App Stores appear to be having flaky issues with updates today -- but the updated versions do show up on each app's page, and you can download the updates for free from there.