Things we knew about Dan Trachtenberg's astounding live-action short film, Portal: No Escape:
- It's fantastic.
- Trachtenberg did a fabulous job directing it.
- It's really fantastic.
- Trachtenberg used Twitter to track down his production team, hiring people from New York to the Netherlands to work on the special effects.
- Danielle Rayne, the film's protagonist (we'll call her Chell), plays Sarah Connor in the live-action T2 experience at Universal Studios.
- Trachtenberg fell in love with Joss Whedon. Er, Whedon's motto: "You take people, you put them in peril, you find out what they're made of."
- He plans on making feature films and more Portal films, but not necessarily in that order or entirely separately.