Competitive gaming scored itself a new peripheral vying for the top spot back in August, when SteelSeries unveiled its ambidextrous Sensei mouse. If you'll recall, the Sensei tracks up to 150-inches per second with its 10.8 megapixel sensor, and uses a 32-bit ARM processor to calculate it all without bogging down your rig. Making things sweeter, a trio of illuminated sections can be set to differing hues befitting your mood, and an LCD planted on the Sensei's underside will let you change some settings without a computer. If you've been dying to get your FPS-loving mitts on this $90 input device, it's now officially up for pre-order from the company's website and due to hit doorsteps during the first week of October. As usual, the full PR is located just past the break.
Show full PR text
THE STEELSERIES SENSEI IS AVAILABLE ONLINE NOW
Consumers Can Order the New Mouse Directly on the SteelSeries Web Shop
CHICAGO – Sept. 20, 2011 – The most customizable mouse to ever hit the competitive gaming industry, the SteelSeries Sensei, is now available online for consumers directly from the SteelSeries' Web Shop. With an MSRP of $89.99 / €89.99, and a list of original features that have been perfected alongside some of the world's most recognized competitive gamers, the Sensei is setting a new standard in mouse customization and capabilities; some of these features include:
· A 32 bit ARM processor, that powers sophisticated calculations to be done directly on the mouse – without the need for software drivers and without having to rely on the user's computer.
· Complete customization, from the buttons, macros and multiple profiles to the colors, and technology settings.
· Illumination with 16.8 million colors choices to be programmed in 3 different zones on the mouse.
· Sensitivity settings that can be changed in increments of one from 1 to 5,700 CPI, and an "overclocked" Double CPI feature that allows the user to go all the way up to 11,400 DCPI.
· A 10.8 megapixel image correlation laser sensor at up to 12,000 frames per second and the ability to handle tracking movements of up to 150 inches per second.
· An ambidextrous design with a metal, non-slip grip coating and is connected with a double braided nylon cord with a USB connector.
· Simple plug and play; for the PC Gamers* who want advanced customization options, the Sensei is supported by SteelSeries Engine technology – save multiple profiles, create long and advanced macros with layers, keystrokes and precise timing. The Sensei Mouse is compatible with both Mac and PC; *SteelSeries Engine for Mac will be coming in 2012; for PC it is available now.
The SteelSeries Sensei can be pre-ordered from the SteelSeries Web Shop directly at http://steelseries.com or by clicking the 'Buy Now' button, at http://steelseries.com/sensei.