Elders of Northrend
A host of Northrend elders joined the holiday when Wrath of the Lich King
launched, so you'll need to make the trek to the snowy north for Elders of Northrend
. I've listed them all in rough counterclockwise order going around the continent (from Borean Tundra to Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Zul'Drak, Storm Peaks, Wintergrasp, to Sholazar Basin). There are no elders in Icecrown or Howling Fjord. If your class is capable of soloing normal dungeons (or at least surviving them long enough to reach an elder inside, which should easily be doable at level 85), by all means hit the relevant Northrend dungeons for elders while you make your way around the continent.
Elders of CataclysmElders of Cataclysm
- Northal the Elder 33,34 in the Transitus Shield (Coldarra, Borean Tundra). While you're here, hit the Nexus for Elder Igasho.
- Pamuya the Elder 43,49 outside Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra)
- Sardis the Elder 59,65 outside Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra)
- Arp the Elder 57,43 at D.E.H.T.A. (Borean Tundra)
- Morthie the Elder 30,56 in Star's Rest (Dragonblight). While you're here, zone into Azjol-Nerub for Elder Nurgen.
- Skywarden the Elder 35,48 at Agmar's Hammer (Dragonblight)
- Thoim the Elder 48,78 at Mo'aki Harbor (Dragonblight). While there are no elders in the Howling Fjord itself, you might want to swing into the zone as you round the continent and hit Utgarde Pinnacle for Elder Chogan'gada.
- Whurain the Elder 64,47 at Camp Oneqwah (Grizzly Hills). While you're here, hit Drak'tharon Keep for Elder Kilias.
- Lunaro the Elder 80,37 in Ruins of Tethys (Grizzly Hills)
- Beldak the Elder 60,27 at Westfall Brigade Encampment (Grizzly Hills)
- Tauros the Elder 58,56 in Zim'Torga (Zul'Drak). While you're here, hit Gun'drak for Elder Ohanzee.
- Graymane the Elder 41,84 at K3 (Storm Peaks)
- Fargal the Elder 28,73 in Frosthold (Storm Peaks)
- Muraco the Elder 64,51 in Camp Tunka'lo (Storm Peaks)
- Stonebeard the Elder 31,37 at Bouldercrag Refuge (Storm Peaks). While you're here, hit Halls of Stone for Elder Yurauk.
- Bluewolf the Elder 49,19 in the fortress in Wintergrasp
- Wanikaya the Elder 64,50 at the Avatar of Freya (Sholazar Basin)
- Sandrene the Elder 50,63 at Lakeside Landing (Sholazar Basin)
has now been added to the meta-achievement, and if you didn't already have the meta as of the 2011 holiday, this will now be a requirement. As soon as the holiday goes live, I'll update this section with their coordinates, but I expect they'll all be relatively simple to find.
Elders of the Dungeons
- Darkfeather the Elder 51,33 at the Thundermar Ruins in Twilight Highlands
- Deepforge the Elder 27,69 at Stonehearth in Deepholm (the southwest portion of the zone)
- Evershade the Elder 62,22 outside the building under Nordrassil in Mount Hyjal
- Firebeard the Elder 50,70 at the Dunward Ruins in Twilight Highlands
- Menkhaf the Elder 65,18 at Khartut's Tomb in Uldum
- Moonlance the Elder 57,86 at Biel'aran Ridge in Vashj'ir (the southeastern part of the zone)
- Sekhemi the Elder 31,63 at the Ruins of Ammon in Uldum
- Stonebrand the Elder 49,54 in the Temple of Earth in Deepholm
- Windsong the Elder 26,62 at the Sanctuary of Malorne, Mount Hyjal
Not only are elders in the open world, but they're in the instanced world as well for Elders of the Dungeons
. I've already listed these guys with our Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Northrend guides since you won't be able to queue for any of them if you're level-capped.
- Zul'Farrak Wildmane the Elder By the pool where you summon Gahz'rilla.
- Maraudon Splitrock the Elder Take the port to second half of the instance, then head for the Princess. Drop down into the lake where Rotgrip is located, and swim up to the ramp. Because this probably makes no sense, a Wowhead user created a map.
- Sunken Temple Starsong the Elder Immediately upon entering the instance.
- Blackrock Depths Morndeep the Elder Located smack in the center of the Ring of Law.
- Stratholme Farwhisper the Elder If you have the key to the service entrance, zone in there, hang a left through the Elder Square Gate, and then follow the road to the right. If you don't have the key, zone in, hang a left, continue to your right through the Market Square Gate, and take a right once you're through the Gate (you'll have to kill a bunch of rats while you're in the Market Square Gate).
- Lower Blackrock Spire Stonefort the Elder Finding this guy is a massive pain in the ass, but Wowhead user Pallybeb has a good set of instructions even if you're completely new to the instance.
- Utgarde Keep Jarten the Elder In the first room with a staircase (between first and second bosses), in the alcove to the left.
- Nexus Igasho the Elder In Ormorok's room.
- Azjol-Nerub Nurgen the Elder In the pond area after the drop following Hadronox.
- Drak'tharon Keep Kilias the Elder In King Dred's enclosure.
- Gun'drak Ohanzee the Elder In the room with the Drakkari Colossus (second boss).
- Halls of Stone Yurauk the Elder Just before Krystallus.
- Utgarde Pinnacle Chogan'gada the Elder Underneath the staircase that you go down after killing Skadi the Ruthless.
50 Coins of Ancestry
Each elder to whom you speak will give you a Coin of Ancestry
, so getting this achievement
will happen as a matter of course.Lunar Festival Finery
that the elders will give you can be used to purchase clothing and items from holiday vendors for Lunar Festival Finery
. For this achievement, you'll have to talk to one vendor in particular -- Valadar Starsong
, located in Moonglade on the wooden platform overlooking Lake Elune'ara (on the eastern side of Nighthaven). For any of the clothing items, you'll have to fork over five coins, but you only need to buy one for the achievement. It's among WoW's
prettiest holiday-related clothing, and lots of players wind up keeping them.The Rocket's Red Glare
First things first -- you'll need 10 Red Rocket Clusters
. These can be purchased from any Lunar Festival Vendor
for one silver each (so 10 silver total), or -- if you're an engineer or know one -- made by engineers who buy the Schematic: Red Rocket Cluster
from Fariel Starsong
(next to Valadar Starsong in Moonglade at the coordinates given above). Generally, it's cheaper and faster to buy the rockets from a vendor, though.
All set? You'll have to find a cluster launcher in order to shoot these off. These can be found in the festival areas of any major city. Mosey on over, hotkey the Red Rocket Clusters you've bought, and spam, spam, spam. Be forewarned that the clusters do trigger the global cooldown, and latency also has an effect. If you're used to playing with ugly latency, don't do this at server high time, or find one of your faction's more deserted cities.Frenzied FirecrackerFrenzied Firecracker
is an easier version of The Rocket's Red Glare. Festival Firecrackers
can be purchased from any Lunar Festival vendor for three silver each (so 30 silver total). Got them? Hotkey them the same way you did for the Red Rocket Clusters, and spam the hotkey while alternating mouse-clicks to target them (they can't be fired without being targeted). As with The Rocket's Red Glare, try not to do this during a busy period on your server if you tend to suffer from bad latency.Elune's BlessingOmen
is a boss who appears in Moonglade only during the Lunar Festival and pretty much just for Elune's Blessing
. Valadar Starsong
-- yep, the same NPC who will sell you Lunar Festival duds -- will give you a quest called Elune's Blessing
. Once you've got it, you'll need to trek to the southeastern portion of Moonglade around the Stormrage Barrow Dens and -- if Omen's not already dead or in combat with other players -- summon him by tossing cluster rockets into the cluster launchers that line the shore of the lake.
If you've never done Omen before, he's essentially a tank-and-spank
with a cleave (melee beware) and some occasional raid damage by way of an AoE Starfall
ability. He doesn't hit hard, but tanks will need to be vigilant to keep moving him out of Starfall unless you want your healer/s to spend a lot of time healing otherwise avoidable damage. Omen doesn't have an enrage timer and can technically be duoed by a tank-and-healer pair or even soloed by a sufficiently well-geared and enterprising tank class. His health also doesn't reset if you fail to kill him. Simply resurrect at the nearby graveyard and head back for another try.
Directly after he dies, a large moonbeam will appear on the corpse, and anyone who steps within it will receive Elune's Blessing and complete the quest. Even if your toon's a lowbie, you can still easily get the quest done as long as someone else has recently killed Omen (lowbie characters can also buy Elune's Candles
from Starsong and toss them at Omen for about 1K damage a pop). If you're on the quest and come upon someone else trying to kill him, it's considered polite to help DPS him down.
Omen raids tend to be quite popular early in the holiday and then taper off as time goes by. If you're mostly a solo player or have to depend on someone else's good graces to get a kill, I'd advise making this achievement a priority.
Working on achievements? The Overachiever is here to help! Count on us for advice on Azeroth's holidays and special events, including new achievements, how to get 310% flight speed with achievement mounts, and
Cataclysm reputation factions and achievements.