ooVoo Announces Significant Product Upgrades Across All Platforms and New Facebook Video-Chat Application
12-Way, Free Video Chat Now Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Facebook, Web and PCs; Major Enhancements Include iPad App Four-Way Display
NEW YORK, NY – May 22, 2012 – ooVoo, the fastest-growing and largest independent group video-chat provider, today announced a significant upgrade to its free, social video-chat service, including a new 12-way HD video Facebook application and category-defining iPad app with four simultaneous HD video streams. ooVoo's products have been updated across all PC, iPhone and Android devices, for a state-of-the-art user experience that easily allows users to find their friends from different social networks and devices, and communicate with them in high quality for free.
"Today's product announcement is a major milestone for ooVoo and our users. ooVoo's community is over 46 million strong and our average user spends significant time engaging in fun and interesting activities including watching TV, playing music and games, doing homework and just being together," said Yuval Baharav, Chief Executive Officer, ooVoo. "This release was driven by our daily interactions with our users, and by our vision of an open communications platform that seamlessly becomes part of our users' social lives."
The new product upgrades, implemented across desktop and mobile platforms, will allow ooVoo users to:
- Experience 12-way, free video chat using the all-new Facebook application to connect to friends in and outside of Facebook on any device;
- Host a 12-way video chat on the iPad with the ability to view four simultaneous video streams at once;
- Connect to friends whether or not they have the ooVoo application by simply emailing, posting or texting an ooVoo Call Link;
- Enjoy ooVoo's major enhancements to the iPhone and Android applications with a new user interface and simplified registration using Facebook;
- Engage with the new version of ooVoo's PC application, packed with an all new user interface and providing the best video quality on the market from two to 12 simultaneous video streams;
- Create self-expressive videos; driven by users' requests, ooVoo is making free the option to record and upload video chats to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Starting today, the free ooVoo update is available for immediate download from ooVoo.com, the iPhone App Store and the Google Play marketplace.