Speaking of being over soon, today's maintenance starts at 5 a.m. PDT and lasts only six hours. Still, that's a decent chunk of time, so why not read on? There's a lot of cool news from the past week to catch up on, even if it's all about stuff that won't happen until August.
Hot news and features
- The Mists of Pandaria opening cinematic will be debuting at Gamescom 2012 on Aug. 16.
- Tides of War, the new novel about Jaina Proudmoore, will be released in late August. You can now read an excerpt online.
- Check out this official preview of the new Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition pet and mount.
- Check out our Mists of Pandaria zone preview galleries for Townlong Steppes, The Dread Wastes, and Kun-Lai Summit.
- Wowhead has a preview of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Brann Bronzebeard offers some cool toys and bonuses for archaelogists in Mists of Pandaria.