Here's what you need to send to apply:
- For those with professional writing experience, simply send links or a portfolio of your work, as well as any aspirations you'd like us to know about, to jobsATengadgetDOTcom. Small attachments are fine. (If you're wavering, just send it -- this is an awesome place to work.)
- For those without professional experience, send us three sample posts written in the Engadget style.
- "The Engadget style" doesn't mean a generic-sounding blog voice -- think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through while still fitting Engadget.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers.
- We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why) of all time.
- Give us a few words about how you think Engadget differs from other technology pubs out there.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can't hire minors.)
- Your contact info and city of residence.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it's less than 40 hours a week then you probably shouldn't bother. Be realistic, okay?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
- You must live either in San Francisco or a short (very short) drive / train away. When we need writers in other places, we'll put out another call!
- This role is for a general editor, which covers a bit of everything that we do -- covering briefings, investigative reporting, writing, the works.
- You need to be awesome, and you need to be ready to work incredibly hard at what's likely the world's greatest job.
Note that we will only review fully complete applications, and remember to put the name of the position -- [San Francisco Editor] -- in the title of your email.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom. If you're an experienced writer with any intricate questions about the role, you can ping darrenATengadgetDOTcom.