TV Guide Mobile Debuts Next-Generation One-Stop TV Companion
Personalized discovery, instant watching, social sharing, exclusively on iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®
NEW YORK (August 23, 2012) – TV Guide Mobile today debuted its next-generation, one-stop TV companion providing personalized discovery, instant watching, and social sharing, exclusively on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The new product's centerpiece is TV Guide's Watchlist, its groundbreaking platform featuring dozens of innovations based on user research and feedback. More than 500,000 people already have created Watchlists on TVGuide.com, which has more than 25 million monthly unique users. TV Guide Mobile's first-generation apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android have been installed more than 7 million times.
Watchlist makes TV simple again: When users add shows, sports teams, actors and movies, Watchlist shows them on a single screen all the ways to watch – on TV, on demand, streaming and DVD. Users also can share and discuss what they're watching with their social networks or link to watch instantly via ABC, ABC Family, CW, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, Crackle and iTunes. Additional video sources will be added over the next few weeks.
"Our new super-personalized, social, mobile TV Guide is designed for the way people want to watch now – anywhere, anytime," said Christy Tanner, Executive Vice President and General Manager of TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile. "This is a game-changer for our users, who want an easier way to manage all the ways they watch."
New features unique to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch include New Tonight Trending, a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching, plus Watchlist filters for News and New Tonight, which show users only their favorites.
In addition to Watchlist and New Tonight Trending, new features include:
· Social check-in and discussion: Throughout the app, check in, share and discuss what you're watching via social networks using TV Guide's "I'll Watch" button
· Video Search and Curated Video Channels: Find the TV shows, movies and web originals you want to watch now or browse through editor- and guest-curated channels.
· Super-Charged "Classic" Listings: Our best listings grid ever, including alerts, HD and favorite channel filters, "I'll Watch" social sharing, and instant "Add to Watchlist."
· Original Editorial Content: TV Guide's original breaking news and features – and the ability to discuss them with editors and other fans.
· Unique Advertising Opportunities: TV Guide has created a number of unique, beyond-the-banner opportunities, including video showcases, branded content, and the ability to sponsor the "Add to Watchlist" button
About TV Guide Digital
TV Guide Digital includes TVGuide.com, reaching more than 25 million unique visitors per month, and TV Guide applications for iPhone, Android, and iPad with 7 million installations and 1.5 million monthly active users. TVGuide.com is a one-stop entertainment destination for online television, news, community and TV listings. TVGuide.com's Online Video Guide allows users to watch virtually any and every available full-length TV episode from all the major broadcast and cable television networks. TVGuide.com is ranked #1 by Nielsen's "TV and Entertainment" category for attracting the "most engaged" users who average four visits and 13 minutes per month and 22 page views per person. In addition, TVGuide.com is attracting a young and affluent fan base – nearly half are under 35 years old and 26 percent earn a household income of more than $100K a year. TV Guide Network, TVGuide.com and the TV Guide brand are part of a joint venture owned by Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), the leading next generation studio, and One Equity Partners, the private equity firm of JPMorgan Chase.
# # #