After you find all the quest-related paragons, three are locked behind reputation requirements:
Play with the buffs
- Skeer the Bloodseeker requires Honored with the Klaxxi. He is in the underwater cave off the coast of the Heart of Fear. Look for the cave icon on your world map and go south until you hit water (then go underwater!). Kil'ruk will give you the quest.
- Hisek the Swarmkeeper requires Revered with the Klaxxi. He is south of Kypari'ik in the Duskroot Fen.
- Xaril the Poisoned Mind requires Revered with the Klaxxi. He is beneath the Heart of Fear.
You can be buffed with one enhancement and one augmentation at a time. Five paragons offer enhancements and five offer augmentations. Talking to each NPC at Klaxxi'vess will give you the dialogue option to be buffed with that paragon's particular buff.
I advise you to play with the various buffs you get. You might find you like some more than others. Kaz'tik's augmentation
was my favorite for a while until I found another. My particular favorites to daily with are Silent Lucidity
and Battle Hymn
Enhancements are offensive buffs that help you damage enemies:
- Angel of Death is given by Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver. Pulling two or more mobs together will summon Kil'ruk to fly in and cleave everything, often one-shotting things.
- Iron Mantid is given by Malik the Unscathed. This buff turns all your defensive actions against enemy blows into a stacking buff that will unleash damage and stun all nearby enemies.
- Silent Lucidity is given by Iyyokuk the Lucid. Quite often while killing things you'll receive a buff called Lucidity, which will cause certain cooldowns per class to have only 0.5 seconds for a cooldown. The affected abilities vary by class, so I'll let you look at the tooltips here: death knight, druid, hunter, mage, monk, paladin, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock, warrior.
- Children of the Grave is given by Rik'kal the Dissector. After you kill a mob, a bunch of green eggs will spawn with a circular area bound with a dashed green line, or how far the AoE will splash.
- Raining Blood is given by Xaril the Poisoned Mind. After you inject or hit an enemy 8 times, the mob will take about 140-160k damage and stun everything nearby for 8 seconds. Unfortunately, the debuff doesn't add stacks with DoT or channel ticks. As affliction I would kill most mobs before they hit 4 stacks.
Augmentations are defensive buffs or utilities:
- Master of Puppets is given by Kaz'tik the Manipulator. This buff uses your Extra Action Button on the UI, and it gives you a mind control on any mob you want to use as a minion. For 10 minutes, the mob will fight alongside you like a guardian pet until the mob dies, you change zones, or you click off the buff.
- Painkiller is given by Korven the Prime. This is a get-out-of-jail-free card for dying, once every 3 minutes.
- Speed King is given by Ka'roz the Locust. This is a movement buff, allowing you to jump forward once every 5 seconds and giving you a 10% movement buff every time you kill an honorable or experience-yielding enemy.
- Battle Hymn is given by Skeer the Bloodseeker. This is a healing buff on your offensive hits after you kill an honorable or experience-yielding enemy.
- Seek and Destroy is given by Hisek the Swarmkeeper. This adds a colorful aura around various mobs in the Dread Wastes who will grant you a buff upon their death at your hands. Green buffs give 15% intellect, spirit, and stamina. Blue buffs give 5% melee, ranged, and spell haste and 5% movement speed. Red buffs give 15% agility, strength, and stamina. The buffs stack with each other, too!
that you can do the dailies with your favorite combination every day, but you only need to have a different set of buffs when turning in your dailies to trigger the achievement criteria.
Mists of Pandaria is here! The level cap has been raised to 90, many players have returned to Azeroth, and pet battles are taking the world by storm. Keep an eye out for all of the latest news, and check out our comprehensive guide to Mists of Pandaria for everything you'll ever need to know.