As you might expect, patch day means maintenance starts at 3 a.m. and continues for at least 8 hours. Since you won't be playing WoW, that just means you have time to browse through our patch 5.1 articles. We have information on the new reputation rewards, the new gear upgrade system, the new reputation system, and tons of lore tidbits and spoilers, among other things. Read on for a round up of some of the hottest news from the week as well.
Hot news and features
- Check out the last round of patch 5.0.5 hotfixes for November 20.
- Blizzard is resetting all arena ratings over 2200 in order to combat a recent spate of cheating.
- The world first Sha of Fear kills both went to EU guilds.
- If you keep only one vanity item from this expansion, make it Gok'lokk's Shell. Then again, maybe you'd prefer a somewhat dim-witted gnoll friend.
- Ol' Grumpy has a few observations about player behavior and daily mechanics in Mists.
- Blind may still be better than this Gangnam Style WoW machinima, but not by much. This murloc machinima just might beat it though.
- Mike Morhaime recently had some words to say about eSports.
- Artist Michael Whelan has forged a pretty amazing Deathwing painting.