HP launches a new multi-function printer with wireless Internet hotspot
The new HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP can address the needs of SOHOs, start-ups and small businesses
December 4, 2012, New Delhi: Hewlett-Packard India today introduced the HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP, a 7-in-1 All-in-One printer with in-built wireless Internet hotspot.
Besides print, copy, scan and fax capabilities, the printer also comes with the latest mobile printing technologies including HP wireless direct, HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint™. The HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP can help a SOHO start-up or a small business set up and run a fully-functional office.
Nitin Hiranandani, Director-Printing, PPS, HP India says, "The HP Hotspot is a new All-in-One+1 printer that completely redefines the role a multifunction printer can play in a SOHO or small business environment. We are confident that users will deeply appreciate the ability to print, scan, copy, fax and access Internet wirelessly, all through a single device that is incredibly easy to set up and use."
"At HP, we believe in constantly reinventing the printer and today's launch of HP Hotspot marks an important milestone in our innovation legacy," Mr. Hiranandani added.
Everything that a small business needs
Designed specifically for SOHOs, start-ups and micro businesses with 1-9 employees, the HP Hotspot AiO+1 exceeds the traditional expectations for an AiO device through a host of innovative features:
• Inbuilt wireless hotspot that allows seamless, full Internet connectivity for up to eight users via any access device – including notebooks, tablets and smartphones
• Print from anywhere, wirelessly with HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™ and HP wireless direct – simply hit print from any mobile device
• Plug & Print functionality with HP Smart Install automatically installs printer within minutes, without the need for CD installation. Users need to just plug and be productive
Priced at Rs. 18,306, the HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs AiO+1 is available countrywide from today.
HP's LaserJet Innovation
The new HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP marks another milestone in HP's legacy of innovation. HP's commitment to leadership and excellence has driven a series of world-firsts including the first inkjet and the first mass-marketed personal inkjet printer, smallest Laser color printer, the first web-connected printer, and the world's most energy efficient printer – HP Laserjet Pro 1108, which was launched in India last year.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
1. The indicated price is Maximum Retail Price for HP LaserJet Pro M1218nfs for consumers across India. The actual operating price in the market may be equal or lesser, and varies from region to region according to local taxes and levies
2. Introduced in 1984, HP Thinkjet was the world's first mass-marketed personal inkjet printer. For more details, please visit http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/abouthp/histnfacts/museum/imagingprinting/0011/index.html
3. Introduced in 2010, HP Laserjet Pro CP1025 was the world's smallest color laser printer at the time
4. HP introduced a new category of web-enabled printing solutions designed for the cloud in 2010. For more details, please see http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2010/100607b.html
5. Launched in 2011, HP Laserjet Pro 1108 consumed up to three times less energy usage, based on competitive TEC data found in energystar.gov, eu-energystar.org, the HP Carbon Footpirnt Calculator at hp.com/go/carbonfootprint and manufacturers' published data sheets.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.