It's not hard to navigate to a Facebook Event if there's an address: it's much harder if the organizer simply assumes that we'll know where to go. Thankfully, we can now lean on some collective help through Waze 3.7 for Android and iOS. The update not only populates the destination list with Facebook Events, but fills in the blanks for everyone involved -- enter an address and it will be sent to others on the guest list. It's also easier to be fashionably late with the new app, as Waze members can see when others are likely to show up. Anyone who's ever had to navigate to "that place near the guy with the thing" will likely want to grab the 3.7 upgrade at one of the source links.
Show full PR text
Waze Releases V. 3.7: Seamless Event Navigation for the Hectic Days of Summer
Drive Directly to Facebook Events with Just One Tap
PALO ALTO, Calif. – Just in time for the seasonal rush of barbeques, weddings and road trips, Waze (http://www.waze.com) today unveiled version 3.7 of its navigation app for iOS and Android – the most social version yet! New Waze features include integration of Facebook Events for one-tap navigation, enhanced local offers and more, making the app the ultimate companion for drivers juggling jam-packed summer days.
Never Miss a Facebook Event
Summer brings lots of fun but an endless list of invitations to track. Waze v. 3.7 not only helps drivers remember the season's most important events, but even organizes large groups of people driving to weddings, concerts or road trips with multiple cars. And thanks to Waze's real-time traffic navigation, Wazers spend less time in the car and more time soaking up the sun.
- No address, no problem! When a driver is logged in to Waze via Facebook Connect, their personal Facebook Events will automatically appear in the Waze navigation list 48 hours prior to start for easy, one-tap navigation. Never lose another address or forget about future plans; just RSVP "yes" on Facebook and let Waze do the rest. If an address isn't included in the original invitation, guests can input the correct destination so that other friends can navigate there, too.
- Being late to the party = out of style. Avoid FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and get to the party right when the rest of the group does. Wazers on their way to an event can check the map and follow friends currently driving to the same destination. Check the order of names to determine who will arrive first, or tap the status bar to see a specific time each friend is expected to get there.
"Our vision is to create a completely seamless experience when meeting colleagues, family or friends," said Yael Elish, VP of Product & Marketing, Waze. "Waze frees you from the hassle of dealing with addresses or coordinating meeting places. One-tap navigation to Facebook Events is only the start...drivers will enjoy much more in upcoming versions soon."
Redesigned Local Offers and Road Alerts
Road alert pop-ups and local offers have become sleeker and take up less space on the screen. When stopped at an intersection or parked, drivers can swipe through all local offers and alerts to review at their convenience. Ads have also been optimized to display what's ahead on each route while remaining as relevant as possible.
- New exclusive moods for map editors
- Revamped inbox to help find messages and offers more easily
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and map updates
49 million drivers around the world use Waze to save time and money on every drive, every route, every day. To download the app for iOS or Android, visit http://www.waze.com.