April 30, 2013
Gotham Hall, New York City
NEW GROWTH STATS SHARED AT THE HULU UPFRONT
· Subscriptions to Hulu Plus, our ad-supported subscription service, doubled in 2012. In Q1 2013, Hulu Plus surpassed 4 million subscribers. In the same quarter, Hulu set new records for revenue.
· Today, Hulu reaches millions of TV fans on more than 350 million connected TVs, smartphones, game consoles, and set top boxes (not including PCs).
· In Q1 2013, for the first time ever, Hulu viewers streamed more than 1 billion content videos in a single quarter.
· Hulu is #1 in engagement among top ad supported online video sites. Hulu viewers stay with us for 45 minutes per session - without fast-forwarding or skipping ads.
· Hulu is also #1 in market share of all premium online video providers, delivering 1 in 3 of all premium video ads in the US.
· Mobile is growing at an incredible rate, and will account for approximately 15% of Hulu's consumed videos in 2013-2014. For context, this sort of viewing was nonexistent on our service only two years ago.
· Living room viewing is now 29% of content consumption, and 80% of Hulu Plus subscribers have watched with someone else.
· Revenue: $695 million in 2012
· Subscribers: Hulu Plus, our US subscription service, exceeded more than 4 million paid subscribers in Q1 of this year.
· Content Partners: There are more than 470 content partners on Hulu and Hulu Plus. Hulu Plus is the only online video subscription service that offers current season content from 5 of the 6 largest U.S. broadcast networks, including The CW and Univision. We offer a broad selection of exclusive titles from around the world – Korea, Japan, the UK, Australia – as well as the most robust offering of premium Spanish language content in the US through Hulu Latino.
· Content library: We are continually adding to the content available on Hulu and Hulu Plus. As of March 2013, we have:
o Approximately 57,000 hours of content on Hulu and Hulu Plus (and growing)
o More than 70,000 full TV episodes on Hulu and Hulu Plus
o Nearly 2,500 TV series on Hulu and Hulu Plus
· Advertisers: Hulu continues to lead the online video advertising market, with the largest market share of a rapidly expanding market. We have now served over 1,000 brand advertisers in our company's history.
· Distribution: Hulu is available on more than 350 million connected TVs, smartphones, game consoles, and set top boxes, in addition to computers.
From comScore March 2013:
· Excluding ad networks, Hulu is ranked #2 in video ads delivered per month
· Excluding ad networks, Hulu is ranked #13 in unique viewers reached on PC alone*
o *This does not include consumption on non-PC devices including mobile, tablets, and connected TVs
· Hulu is ranked #2 in content segment streams
· Hulu is ranked #3 in total content video minutes and #5 in minutes-per-viewer
Celebrities and Talent At The Hulu Upfronts
· Seth Meyers and Michael Shoemaker – "The Awesomes" (Hulu Original Series)
· "The Wrong Mans" – James Corden and Mathew Baynton (Hulu Original Series)
· John Lehr and Nancy Hower – "Quick Draw" (Hulu Original Series)
· Josh Greenbaum – "Behind the Mask" (Hulu Original Series)
· Eva Longoria and Michael Shipley – "Mother Up!"(Hulu Exclusive Series)
· Rey Mysterio – WWE (Hulu Exclusive Series)
· Mario Batali – "The High Road" (Hulu Spotlight Series)
· Carson Daly – Sundays at the Greek (Hulu Spotlight Series)
· Erika Slezak, Kelley Missal -- "One Life To Live"
· Denyse Tontz, Robert Wilson – "All My Children