Happy Tuesday morning everyone. The big news of the week is, of course, the advent of the patch 5.4 PTR, and with that comes the avalanche of sweet, sweet PTR news. There's so much of it we can't even fit it into one category in our roundup. Thus, with no further ado, I'm just going to give it all to you. Realm maintenance this morning is scheduled to last from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. Pacific time, so you should have time to read at least some of it.
Patch 5.4 PTR news and features
- Check out the official patch 5.4 PTR patch notes.
- Virtual Realms could end the scourge of low population realms forever.
- Proving Grounds, which were initially announced as a feature of Mists, finally make their debut on the patch 5.4 PTR.
- Datamining points to a possible pet battle tournament and new battle pets in patch 5.4.
- Item enhancements will scale to any level of gear in patch 5.4, including heirlooms.
- You'll be able to catch up on legendary quest drops in Throne of Thunder come patch 5.4.
- There's some major world changes coming to patch 5.4. Check out this video for a sneak peek.
- Check out some of the datamined mount, pet, and armor models from the patch 5.4 PTR.