Following hot on the heels of today's update to Google Maps, Google has updated Chrome for iOS. The updated app features a number of enhancements including the option to open links to YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in those apps instead of in the Chrome browser; fullscreen support for the iPad; and enhancements to voice search. Here are the full release notes:
• Interoperability with other Google Apps.
◦ Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
• Enhancements to voice search.
◦ Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
◦ Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search.
• Fullscreen on iPad.
• Data cost savings.
◦ Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
• Access to browser history.
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes.
Google Chrome for iOS is a free download.