Here's how it works: If you're looking for a guild, simply send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "LFG" and tell me the following:
- The name of your game of choice
- Your usual play times (day and time of day)
- Your main character class
- Any alt classes you enjoy
- Your preferred playstyle
- What you would bring to a guild
- Your main character name or contact name in-game (will not be published)
The following week, I will post all submissions, minus the last question. If you're a guild leader or officer who is interested in pursuing someone you see in the column, you'll simply email me
at the above address with the subject line "LFM - (Game name here)" and I will act as the liaison between the guild and the guild-seeker. That way, no contact info will be made public and connections can proceed in-game (or over email, if you choose) at the discretion of the submitter.
The frequency of this column will depend on its popularity, so we're testing the waters right now. Ideally, we'd like to make this a weekly feature connecting several new people each time.
To help kick us off, we have two submissions from the staff:
- Game of choice: Lord of the Rings Online
- Play times: Weekdays, 8 p.m. EDT and later, occasional weekends.
- Main character: Hunter
- Alt classes: Guardian
- Playstyle: Grinding for max before Helm's Deep, would prefer dungeon groups, Tolkien-knowledgeable roleplay.
- What would you bring to the guild?: Ahhh, badassery? Grammatically correct guild chat? A warm body? You decide!
Are you looking for a new guild that shares your unique sense of humor and love of RP? Are you unable to find groupmates in your time zone? Are you a guild leader seeking a certain player to join your ranks? Join Senior Editor Shawn Schuster as he connects MMO guilds and guildies in Massively's Looking for Guild column.
- Game of choice: PlanetSide 2
- Play times: Weekdays, 4-6 p.m. EDT; Weekday evenings after 10 p.m. EDT.
- Main character: Level 20 Engineer
- Alt classes: Medic, Infiltrator
- Playstyle: I mainly play support roles and especially like manning a turret in a vehicle or base.
- What would you bring to the guild?: Dependability and a desire to follow a strong leader. I can follow instructions and know the game enough to be a useful team player.