2014 WRITERS GUILD AWARDS
VIDEOGAME NOMINEES ANNOUNCED
Los Angeles and New York – The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in writing for videogames during 2013. Winners in the videogame and other writing categories will be honored at the 2014 Writers Guild Awards to be held on Saturday, February 1, 2014, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN VIDEOGAME WRITING
· Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Story by Darby McDevitt, Mustapha Mahrach, Jean Guesdon; Lead Scriptwriter Darby McDevitt; Scriptwriter Jill Murray; AI Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood; Scriptwriter Singapore Mark Llabres Hill; Ubisoft
· Batman: Arkham Origins, Narrative Director Dooma Wendschuh; Writer & Senior Narrative Designer Ryan Galletta; Writer Corey May; Warner Bros. Interactive
· God of War: Ascension, Written by Marianne Krawcyzk; Additional Writing Ariel Lawrence; Sony Computer Entertainment
· The Last of Us, Written by Neil Druckmann; Sony Computer Entertainment
· Lost Planet 3, Head Writer Richard Gaubert; Writers Orion Walker, Matt Sophos; Capcom
Now in its seventh year, the WGA's Videogame Writing Award honors the best qualifying script from a videogame published in the previous year. To be eligible for WGA consideration, games must have been released between December 1, 2012 and November 30, 2013, and feature on-screen writing credit(s). Credited videogame writers must have been or must have applied to become members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus at the time scripts were submitted. Work that was not produced under WGA jurisdiction was also eligible for submission.
Preliminary and final judging for the WGA Videogame Writing Award is conducted by panels comprised of Videogame Writers Caucus members and/or Writers Guild members active in videogame writing.
The Writers Guild Awards honor outstanding writing in film, television, new media, videogames, news, radio, promotional, and graphic animation categories. The awards will be presented jointly at simultaneous ceremonies on Saturday, February 1, 2014, in Los Angeles at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE and in New York City at the Edison Ballroom. For more information about the 2014 Writers Guild Awards, please visit www.wga.org or www.wgaeast.org.