nominees for composers demonstrating "excellence in musical scoring" in 2013. The annual awards ceremony includes a gaming category, Best Original Score for a Video Game or Interactive Media, in which five games and their respective composers are nominated this year:
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag by Ubisoft, music by Brian Tyler
- Beyond: Two Souls by Quantic Dream, music by Lorne Balfe
- Company of Heroes 2 by Relic Entertainment, music by Cris Velasco
- Puppeteer by SCE Japan Studio, music by Patrick Doyle
- Remember Me by Dontnod, music by Olivier Deriviere
Previous winners of the Best Original Score for a Video Game award include Austin Wintory's music for Journey (2012), Joe Hisaishi's composition for Ni No Kuni (2011) and the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow music composed by Oscar Araujo (2010). The IFMCA will announce this year's winners on February 20.